Monday, November 25, 2013

13 week check up!

It sounds SO good to say,
"This is my last week of my first trimester!"
 
However, if baby would start treating me like I'm in my second trimester,
that would be greeeaaat. ;)
Little baby in there is still making this Momma sick.
I'm usually very good in the mornings,
normal energy, go, go, go
then around 4-5pm I start crashing.
Belly starts hurting,
nausea, horrible taste in my mouth comes back,
been getting sick almost every night.
Appetite is back for the most part,
but it seems baby doesn't seem like to like a lot of things I feed him/her.
Which is not nice, because I crave things, only to throw them up.
It's not a very fun cycle!
 
I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though,
 it's nothing like the very beginning,
I am actually cleaning, and doing laundry again! Ha!
Energy is back for most of the day,
just exhausted and very blah in the evenings.
My sweet husband has been amazing.
I have been so emotional about feeling so bad,
and feeling like I am putting all the responsibilities on him in the evenings.
I have nightly melt downs about being sick and tired
or feeling sick and tired!
 
HOWEVER,
enough complaining about the not so pretty side of pregnancy,
and on to the check up!
 
Matt didn't go with me this time,
as it was just a routine check up.
Mommom & Grand-Dad came to the house to watch the boys for me,
When I arrived, I was informed he was actually delivering a baby,
and should be back in about an hour!
He was actually back in about 1/2 an hour,
so came back and got my vitals checked etc.
 
He had a PA student with him, who was going to check baby's heart beat.
Now, let me first say,
Dr. Y is sort of intimidating,
I can always sense the nervousness and absolute terror some of his students have around him!
This girl was one of them.
 
She put the gel on the Doppler,
and put it on my belly, right under my belly button.
She could only find my heartbeat for a minute or so.
I think Dr. Y could sense a little fear rising on my part,
I was getting anxious to hear that quick thump, thump, thump of my baby's heartbeat.
Dr.Y kept saying,
"That's maternal heartbeat."
"Still maternal heartbeat."
"Find her pelvic bone, you are way too high."
"That's still maternal?" she asks nervously...
"Yes."
"Look, her pelvic bone is WAY down here."
"Oh.."
 
thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump
 
There's that precious sound.
Bless her heart, I know she was nervous,
but it was a scary couple of minutes for this Momma.
 
Heartbeat was a healthy 165.
...and he also said the chance of miscarriage go down significantly at this point.
Which I always love hearing.
 
However, we found out, that the ultrasound office is no longer doing gender reveal ultrasounds as of December 1st, which means our hopes of finding out the gender before Christmas, are not going to happen! It was only $50 there, as opposed to the $99 at the spa places around town, which we are just not willing to pay.
Sooo, we'll be patient and wait for that 20 week ultrasound around January 13th. :)
Will be something to look forward to after Christmas!
 
Next check up is middle of December, I'll be 16 weeks.
It's starting to go a little faster now!
I think the business of the holidays are helping with that! :)
 
I'll be 14 weeks on Monday, December 2nd...
HELLO 2nd TRIMESTER!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment