Monday, July 23, 2012

Down By The River

Mom and Dad asked Amy and I if we wanted to get together for lunch down at Halls on the River, and we quickly agreed! 
(Wish Matt & Tim could have come this trip, we'll have to go back on a weekend sometime!)

Halls on the River is one of my favorites. 
Not only because, hello, it's Halls Beer Cheese...
(Which by the way is no longer sold at Kroger...talk about breaking a girls heart.)
...but also because it takes a beautiful country road to get there. 

I'm a huge fan of beautiful country drives. 

So Monday morning, we all met at my house. 
We piled into my car, and Mommom & Grand-dad's car and were off. 

We met around 12:30, and were on the road by 1. 
1 o'clock is Rhett's nap time. 
I was very curious to see how this turned out. 
Thankfully, we sat on the patio, looking right over the river. 
Being outside, and having so much to look at out there, helped SO very much to keep little man entertained. 
At least for a little while...
I ordered a salad and after about two bites, Rhett was d.o.n.e. 
So Mama, got creative, and just slid his high chair closer to the water so he could watch the lone duck and fish coming up every now and then. He was attempting to feed them his cheerios, but they didn't quite make it all the way down. 


I love that every time I say, "Case stand by your brother, so I can take a picture."
Case puts his hand on Rhett's back. 


Well, the high chair trick lasted about 7 minutes, then I had to throw in the reinforcements. 

The cousins. 
:)


(Love this picture of Bug!)

Besides the fact that I had about 10 total bites of my salad and banana pepper rings, 
I had a wonderful time. 

Love that place. 




When we were wrapping up lunch, Cy, Griffin and Avery walked down around the side of the restaurant to the river, and took my little ones with them. 

It felt really good to sit down, after standing up through 80% of my lunch. ;)



After the bill came and went, (Thanks, Mom & Dad!) Dad mentioned that Boonesboro State Park had a play ground, and a walk way down to the river. 
I was definitely hesitant with Rhett, already way past his nap time. 
I knew though, that if he saw a playground, and water he would surely get his second wind. 
Second wind happened. 

Walking down to the river...




Beautiful girl. 


Mimi getting Rhett's toes wet! 


Case had so much fun!


The big boys had fun skipping rocks, Avery and Case tried a few too. 




After trying to literally swim across the river, and trying to take my hand away from his while walking down the river, Rhett decided it was time to go. 
He kept walking up the beach and waving "Bye!"


We all had such a fun day, a wonderful little trip. 
Far enough to feel like we did something special, and close enough for a relaxing drive back. 
Soaking up these memories. 



No comments:

Post a Comment