Sunday, July 15, 2012

Birthday Get Away

As July approaches every year, Matt and I always talk about our plans for my birthday and our anniversary since they are only a week apart. 

Last year, we took off to Gatlinburg for our 5 year anniversary - best trip ever! 
This year, we talked about doing something similar, just a quicker, cheaper trip. 

We talked about Louisville, Gatlinburg, Nashville, and finally settled on Cincinnati. 
The Red's were playing, and Matt found a great deal 
for a one night stay at the Hilton right downtown, only blocks away from the stadium. 

Sally and Roger (aka Nanny & Poppy) sent us a text earlier in the week, offering to watch the boys and stay the night, so we could go out for my birthday. 
What an amazing offer, we are so thankful! It all fell into place very quickly! 

We said Good-bye to our babies, and after lots of thank you's
 to Nanny & Poppy, we headed out early Friday afternoon! 



I realized on our way that I brought my camera, but forgot my memory card in the laptop. 
I almost cried! So, all we have are a few iPhone pictures, and I definitely didn't think to take as many pictures without my actual camera! Boo! 

Oh, and I forgot to mention, and as you can probably see from our first picture, the forecast for the weekend looked like a whole lot of yuck. Cloudy and Rainy. Yay. 

We checked into our old, pretty hotel, quickly changed and freshened up and headed out to get our tickets. 
 Thankfully, the sun was shining through the clouds, and looked like me MIGHT get lucky with the weather!


Well...maybe!


We found our seats, and this was our initial view. 
Seriously?
I looked over and Matt was quickly trying to find out the rules for umbrellas in the stadium. 
Thankfully, though, the sun started shining and that huge black umbrella was folded up, and suddenly we could actually see the field! ;)



The Red's had a great game, and we had a wonderful time! 


 (Matt had his rally hat on...and it totally worked!)

After the game, we headed to Toby Keith's Bar and Grill and had dinner and a few beers. 
They had a live band, it was a pretty neat little place. 

After that, we headed down to the Piano Bar, that was right next to our hotel. 
Just have to say, us Kentuckians are way more fun, and a lot friendlier. :) 

 We had a fun little get away, thankful for spending alone time with my awesome, fun, hubby.
Looking forward to spending many many more birthdays with him. 
Love you hubby, thank you for our little trip away from home. 
:)

(p.s. I'm 26 this year! A lot easier for me to swallow then 25 for some reason! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment