Sunday, June 24, 2012

Granny's House

I've mentioned it before, 
Granny's house is one of my favorite places on this planet. 
Especially in the summer time. 
In fact, I always picture my Granny's house as if it's forever in the summer season. 
Love love love.







 Matt hadn't visited in a couple of years, 
every time we tried to plan a trip work or something always got in his way. 
I told him my cousins were about to disown him, 
so this summer we made sure nothing got in his way of a visit. ;)


 My beautiful Granny


 If there is a grill, Matt's grilling. 
They have a way with each other ;)




I requested some guitar playing from my Uncle John...
 

 Our two little boys had a blast...


 Mommy: "Case, you better smile I'm taking your picture! I'm gonna get you!"
Case: (In his most serious voice and face ever) "You not going to tickle me Mommy."


Mommy: "Oh yeah???"
:)


Sweet boy!





 & so did the big boys...



Brotherly love. ;)

...

 As always, our littlest man was up bright and early in the mornings.
Our boys are excellent sleepers, however, whenever we are somewhere new and different they are eager to start the day. Even when Mommy and Daddy really need a couple more hours of sleep. 

I was up at the crack of dawn with the Rhetter's the first morning. 
After some breakfast, and getting into everything in Granny's house, 
we came outside in our pajamas. 

What I wouldn't give for a front yard that just keeps on going. 

 

The boys were sharing a room at Granny's, Case in the guest bed and Rhett in the pack n play. 
The following night, Saturday night, we put Rhett down around 7 or so, like normal. 
Case went down around 8 or so - and as Case came in Rhett woke up. 
We have a video baby monitor - 
so we watched as Rhett popped up to watch his big brother climb into bed. 

 For the next, not even kidding, half an hour those boys giggled and talked, giggled and talked. 
Rhett kept throwing his doggy out of the pack n play, and Case kept jumping out of bed to give it back to him. 

Here's the conversation Matt and I watched from the monitor a bedroom away: 

Case: Ugggh, Rhett hehehehe, here's your Bobba!
Rhett: (Throwing the dog again) Ba ba ba ba baaaah!
Case: RHHH-EEE-TTTT, here!
Rhett: AHHHH!!! Ba ba ba ba haa!!!
Case: Rhett. I'm not gonna get it for you again, okay?!
Rhett: (Throwing the dog AGAIN)
Case: Rhett!!! Haaa haha! HERE!
Rhett: Ba da da da ba ba ba dah. 

Matt and I are cracking up - but after a half an hour or so- and a full day we were beyond exhausted. 
We made the executive decision to separate the two wild men. So Matt went to sleep in the bed with Case, and we brought the pack n play into where we had slept the night before. 

Instant silence and snoozing. 
Silly boys. 
Have to say though, our hearts were overflowing with joy hearing our two 
boys laughing and talking to each other. 
Precious memories. 

...

As always, it is so wonderful spending time with family. 
Visiting Granny's house is something I will treasure for all of my years. 



 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Precious! I love nothing more than my kids laughing together - it's THE BEST. I loved going to my Grandma's too when she was still here and have such fond memories. Glad Matt got to go with you this time - looks like an awesome get away. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete