Friday, April 13, 2012

Stress & Blessings

This has been a really stressful week for us here in the Williams' house. 
  1. My Land Rover started leaking ridiculous amount of anti freeze. 
  2. Matt's PE Exam was coming up. (It's today!)
  3. We all have sinus crud.
  4. I have a couple of boys that are testing every single one of their limits lately.
  5. Matt called me on Tuesday, and told me the bad news. My Rover, my baby, my favorite truck EVER, is dead. Gone. Would cost more to fix her than to sell her.
SO....yay us. ;)

 With all this happening a week before Matt's exam, we have to just push the pause button. 
His main concern right now, is the test. 
He's been studying after work, and we've been trying to talk about the next step 
when he gets home around 9pm.
We got through it though, he's been studying, preparing and it's finally Friday.
Exam day. 
Been praying for that man of mine. Praying he'll just kick that exam's BUTT. 

I'm just so proud of him. He works so hard for us, and I am so thankful for everything that he does. 

So, today, when he comes back from the exam we are going to do our best to figure out all the details. 
To fully prepare our budgets and minds to buy me some kind of new truck on Saturday. 

I have had a couple of mini meltdowns about everything. 
It's just sucks, for lack of a better word. 
I love love love my truck.
I hate that it broke down, and caused all of this stress on Matty a week before his exam. 
I hate not knowing. 
I hate waiting. 
Blah blah blah. 
THEN, like a ton of bricks it always hits me how incredibly blessed we are, 
and that it is just so silly to worry. 
He will take care of us, He always, and will always provide and be there for us. 
No matter what the circumstances are. 
Wednesday evening, He reminded me of this. Through a conversation with the Case man. 

I was tired, and grumpy.
I quickly read through Case's bedtime story, agitated and ready for him to be in bed. 
Rhett had already been in bed for about an hour, so I was ready to just crash on the couch and watch mindless DVR. 
Well, while we were praying, I made sure to talk about Case's good listening ears.
He had gotten into lots of trouble that day, and I wanted to pray about it with him. 
We were praying that God would help Case with his listening ears,
 and that he would help him obey Mommy and Daddy. 
Then this happened: 
"Mommy, God takes all our troubles away...and puts them in the trash."
I swear my heart just melted away right then and there. 
I had tears flooding my eyes, and all I could say was, 
"Yes Case. Yes he does. Do you know why?"
"Why?"
"Because He loves us SO MUCH." 
Oh my goodness. 
That was exactly what I needed.
All I needed to know was that my three year old gets it. 
Whether you are twenty something dealing with trucks breaking down, 
or a three year old dealing with time outs, 
we just need to remember:
God takes all our trouble away, and puts it in the trash.
Love that our big boy is learning about God's grace. 
...
Well, Matty is about 3 hours into his exam now, you can do it Matty! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Matt did well on his exam - can't wait to hear how it was. We've had a crazy week at the Taylor house too and I've had some mini meltdwons myself. Yes - his simple faith is a good reminder for us all - God's got it all under control and thank heavens, right because we sure as heck don't?! Hope the weekend is refreshing and next week is stellar!

    ReplyDelete