Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

Since 2009, Easter Sunday reminds me of my baptism on Sunday, March 29, 2009. 
It was a sermon leading up to Easter, that had my heart pounding, tears rolling down my cheeks and had me walking forward to be baptized, and to hand my life over to my savior. 

I know I am still growing in my walk with Jesus, and that has been proven to me this year. 
I have finally began to open my bible and read it. 
I reluctantly admit that, as I have always wanted to be a person who knows the bible. 
(I have always struggled with where to start, I've tried to open it up to Genesis, and just start reading through the whole thing. I would always end up frustrated though, getting lost and overwhelmed.)
I have always longed to give advice straight from scripture to my family, a friend, a neighbor, a co worker, and especially to my children.

I am only beginning, sure I know some stories of the bible, but to actually read it, and apply it to my life is my ultimate goal. I want to know Jesus, I want to know who God wants me to be. 
I know now, that the way I need to do that is through prayer, and His word.
I heard somewhere recently, if you want to start reading the bible, and stick with it, start with Jesus. 
It was perfect timing (as He always has huh?) 
because our church series started Beautiful Jesus, a study of Mark.
Since then, I have been reading it (almost) every night before I go to sleep.
It has been amazing how much closer I feel to Him, reading it and then hearing it preached on Sunday mornings. 
Words cannot describe how beautiful our Jesus is. 
Our God loves us so much, that he sent his one and only son to Earth to die for our sins. 
Our debt is paid, Jesus paid it all.

From one of my favorite songs:
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
 “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow” – Isaiah 1:18
We were excited to celebrate this weekend! 
We had an amazing service this morning, a powerful video, sermon and wonderful music. 

After church, it was time to see what the Easter bunny dropped off at our house! 
Sweet Rhetter man fell asleep on the way home, but woke up happy and ready to see what the Easter bunny brought him! 

Case man was super excited, as we had been talking about it for a couple of days now, and he knew he was hopping by our house while we were at church. ;)



After opening the door, the boys found a trail of m&m's leading to their gifts! 










Such precious memories! 
Love these little candy loving boys so much! 

We are breathtakingly blessed. 

Had to share a funny story from tonight's bedtime routine with Case:
I was trying to explain again to Case, in three year old terms what Easter was all about. 
Mommy: "Case, who do we thank every night for what he did for us?"
Case: "JESUS!"
Mommy: "Yes! Well, Jesus came to Earth for us, and took all of our sins away."
Case: "Huh?? He took my stuff away?!"
Mommy: (Laughing, because how funny a three year old mind thinks! What he took my toys away, whoa hold on! ;) "No, no, sin means trouble. Like when you are in time out?" 
Case: "Ohh"
Mommy: "Jesus came to Earth to take all of our troubles away, Jesus and God love us SO much!" 
Case: "Ohh yay!"
:) 
We made beautiful memories this year.
Praying we all know the true meaning of Easter,
and that he has touched hearts that haven't been touched yet today.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures and sweet boys! Love Rhett's little cheeks! I completely understand about the Bible reading but I agree - I started reading when we did the Proverbs and it was SO GOOD to follow along. I've slipped on my Mark reading but am so glad it's blessed you so - thank heavens for our SoAcc family. Glad your Easter was so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsy! It is unreal how much better it is when you read it and to then have a refreshing recap at church, makes it stick! :D I LOVE LOVE LOVED the pictures of your family from your Easter celebrations as well, just beautiful!

      Delete