Monday, March 5, 2012

Rhett's Weight Check

After trying to force fatty foods down Rhetter's throat for 2 whole weeks, I couldn't wait to get back into the Doctor and check his weight.
(The appointment day, turned out to be the one and only snow day in Fayette Co. as well!)

I also had half convinced myself after telling everyone he needed a weight check, and everyone reacting as shocked as I was, that perhaps there was a mistake. Maybe I misheard the number, maybe she meant to say 22 but said 21, who knows, maybe something was wrong with the scale!

Turns out the scale was just fine. 
Our boy did gain 9 oz though! 
He weighed in at a whopping 21 lbs 9 oz. 
I was hoping for a little more I think, but our Doctor said that it was good enough. 
He still wants to check him out at 18 months, which is fine by me. 

It was a quick little appointment, but he gave us instructions to keep doing what we were doing with his calorie intake.
(He also got to see the aftermath of Rhetter's Hand Foot Mouth he contracted from the toddler room, that apparently spread like wildfire!)


Anyway, I honestly think that it has to do with how tall he has gotten, and how he DOES NOT STOP walking, crawling, running, jumping, climbing all day long until nap or bed time. For real. 
I sure hope he does get where he needs to be though, although I don't see him becoming a big chunker anytime soon, Case was the same way at this age, long and lean!
Just hope he gets back on that curve, and Mama can stop worrying so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment