Monday, September 20, 2010

Big Boy Room!

Our little man is officially a big boy now!

We were so excited about switching Case to a big boy room, and I had so much fun painting, and putting everything together last week. I still have some pictures to print to put in the frames, and a few more decorations to put up here and there, but other than that it is finished!

Case was so excited when he saw the bed set up for the first time, he kept shouting "Bed! Bed!" and jumping up and down on it :)



Case did SO well the first night in his big boy bed! Matt was bowling that evening, so I was tackling the big change all by myself. I gave him a bath, and read to him and rocked him for a few minutes like we do every night, turned his fan on, then literally just laid him in his big boy bed said "Good Night Case, Mommy and Daddy love you so much" and slipped out the door.

I stood there for a few minutes listening, to see if he would crawl out and start playing with his toys or something, but it was completely quiet. Then I ventured downstairs, but I was so anxious! I just knew he would start crying, fall out, or I would hear him playing with his toys since he had all of this freedom now. None of those happened though, he slept soundly the entire night, and the next morning before Matt left for work we heard him talking a little bit, and went ahead and opened his door...

He has his eyes closed, but that's what I get for taking a picture with a flash at 7 in the morning! Poor guy!

He's looking at me like I am crazy because I'm making SUCH a big deal that he slept all night in his 
BIG BOY BED!!!

 I was so happy that he had a successful first night, but was still worried about nap time. He did so well though, he went right down and slept for two hours. I knew he was awake and ready to play when I heard knocking on his door! It was so cute!

However, Day #2 didn't go as well as Day #1. 
He woke up twice the second night, absolutely terrified. I'm not sure if he fell out, crawled out then got scared or what, but I ran quickly in around midnight and 5am. Then when nap time rolled around, I had to be very firm and lay him back down three times and say "It's nap time now Case, you need to stay in your bed" He eventually settled down and took a pretty good nap, but it was a struggle.

Day #3 was as successful as Day #1, and we haven't had any problems since! (Knock on Wood) Our sweet neighbor was cleaning out her garage and found a very tall bed rail that she let us have. We put that up after the second night, and we lay his pillow sham up next to him on the other side. I think that has helped him to feel a little more secure in there.

We're so happy the transition went well, and that he will be very settled in his room before baby Rhett comes!

We are so proud of our official big boy!


Big Boy Room Update:

I've added a few pictures, and a shelf! I was going to sit down and paint a few things for Case but as soon as I sat down to do it I lost all motivation. So, instead of painting my reference pictures I had looked up, I had Matt print them out at work in 4x6's and it worked out perfectly! 

 Seems a little bit more finished now, and Case is still doing fantastic in his big boy room!



No comments:

Post a Comment