Saturday, June 14, 2014

Introducing Our Adley, and a Preschool Graduation





Matt and I couldn't stop staring at our beautiful daughter.
She was so alert after she was born, she had us both wrapped around her finger within seconds.

We couldn't wait to show off our girl.

It was getting pretty late after delivery, getting stitched up, all that fun stuff.
But when all of that was finished up, I asked if it was too late for a visitor.
They whispered that they weren't too strict, so I quickly asked if was okay if my big sister came up,
and they said that would be totally fine.
Yay!

Amy had the boys at her house of course, but since boys were snoozing, and Tim and her family were home, she came as fast as she could!
While she was there, Cy called her, Rhett had woken up and wanted Mommy.
Oh man!! Break my heart!
Cy was SO grown up and sweet though,
she handed the phone to me, and it was so precious to hear my 17 year old nephew
calmly soothing my 3 year old.
"It's okay buddy, tell Mommy you love her, it's okay Rhett!"
Rhett was half asleep, Matt told Cy to just lay down with him,
and he would go on to sleep.
Daddy was right, and we heard that he was just fine a few minutes later.
:)

Amy stayed a little while, and then it was time for us to move over to the Mother/Baby unit.
My epidural was still wearing off, it's always entertaining trying to walk for the first time after that!
We walked through the hospital, (well, I was wheeled in a wheel chair) and settled into our room.
My awesome labor and delivery nurse gave me a big hug, and we met our new night nurse.
Who was also sweet, thank goodness!

In my three experiences, I have never gotten any sleep the first night after having a baby.
A mix of adrenaline, excitement, and not being able to turn off my brain...
oh and maybe the fact that they come and check your vitals the second you seem to doze off,
and there's beeping, and talking, and NO BOX FAN. (sigh)
I am so addicted to sleeping with a box fan.
I also couldn't stop thinking about the boys meeting their little sister!
Matty, was snoring within seconds. I will forever be jealous of his ability to do that!

Well before I knew it, the sun was just coming up, and someone was taking my vitals.
I was wide eyed and bushy tailed.
Mom and Dad were coming in the morning they said,
and Amy was bringing the boys up after their breakfast, and as soon as they were up and going.
I couldn't wait.

Matt and I ate breakfast, and watched some TV, while we snuggled our brand new baby girl.
Minutes before Mom and Dad got there,
I put her very first bow on...and I do believe I squealed!


She was ready for company now. :)

Mommom and Grand-Dad meeting their newest Grand-baby!

They were still visiting, when Amy got there with our two big brothers.
It turned out perfectly, oh we were so excited!


They both jumped right on the bed and gave out hugs, and Rhett was immediately all over her.
  The first thing Rhett asked was if her bow was on her, inside of my belly! Hee!!
My biggest boy was very curious, but very cautious. A teeny bit jealous too.
He was my 20 questions boy.
He wanted to know what my IV was, why I had a big bruise on my arm,
what all the wires were, why she had something on her belly button, etc etc.
He was very concerned about all of this new stuff he was experiencing.

 If you look at Case's face, especially the last one, you can tell he's trying to figure it all out.
Rhett was all about the touching, kisses and hugs, as I figured he would be, since he's that way with every baby he's ever met. Case didn't want to kiss or hold her, but that was okay.
 I knew he would in his own time.

Moments like these are the ones you remember forever.
How amazing to introduce your children to their new sibling?






 Talk about melting a parent's heart. Seeing all your babies together,
and seeing the big brothers take her in.
All of our hearts grew that day.






Family of five!

The boys had some big brother gifts from their baby sister
(that um were still in our hallway closet, and not wrapped yet, Aunt Mimi to the rescue on that one!)
We did this with Case when Rhetter was born,
I think it's so special, and a great distraction from the boring hospital room for little ones.
They were super excited!



Then Mimi got some snuggles again!




...and Mimi helped protect teeny Adley from her well intentioned big brother Rhett! Ha!

Rhett wanted to hold her right away, Case on the other hand just wasn't ready.


We had a few visitors throughout the day, which we loved having!

Later, after school was out, Avery and Cy came up to meet her! (Griffin and Tim were at a baseball game!)


Along with my friend Kelli, and our neighbor/family friend Joe!
My director from preschool Jennifer and her daughter came!
Then my friend Rachael, and her boyfriend Cody came up that evening!
So fun to see visitors, and of course show off our little girl.

 We were missing Matt's family, as they weren't able to come up yet.
Matt's Mom had Doctor's appointments that week that she absolutely could not miss,
(another reason we knew this stinker of a girl, would most definitely come this week, ha!)
and Matt's Mamaw's hip was hurting, and they were not able to make the trip quite yet.
We knew they would be coming as soon as they possibly could!
 So in the mean time, we were sending pictures and texts to update them!
We definitely felt their love from far away though! 

Also missing my big brother and his wife, they are busy in Florida, as Virginia was days away from graduation! They were also busy planning their next big step!
Looking like a move up north, so excited for them!

...


I was getting super sleepy by that evening, as you can imagine.
 I was so excited to just watch American Idol with Matt,
and snuggle with Adley.
I was excited about possibly getting some sleep that night too,
as you know I hardly got an hour or two the night before.

Well, I did get some sleep, I downloaded a free noise machine app on my phone,
and settled with crickets and frogs, before I even set my phone down, hubby was snoring. ;)
We sent Miss Adley to the nursery, after she nursed for an hour,
so I got a few hours of sleep before she came back in hungry.
Sweet baby was such an excellent nurser right from the beginning!

The next day, Thursday, we would be heading home.
Thursday was also Case and Rhett's preschool graduation!
Ohhhh man was I sad to miss that.
It was the one thing I really really didn't want to miss!
It was okay though, as Daddy was going for the both of us,
loaded with a fully charged video camera and camera.
We talked to the nurses about making sure we got discharged after he returned from the graduation,
and they assured us that would be no problem.

My sister, got them all ready for preschool, then my Mom picked them up from her house.
Matt met up with the boys and Mom at preschool.

I couldn't wait to see the pictures and videos!
I had a sweet friend, Janet that sent me a couple videos during the graduation,
and I admit I had a little melt down!
I was so thankful to feel a part of it!
I was so sad to miss that precious graduation,
complete with songs the kids had been working on for weeks,
and a  slideshow our Ms.Susan made.
You know the one,
 pictures of the babies all throughout the year,
paired with music that pulls at every one of your heart strings.

Here are some my favorite pictures captured from that morning:

 








 So thankful for these precious boys, and so thankful for such a wonderful preschool program!
I was so sad to miss not only graduation, but also our last day of school.
I know I've said it before,
but I have LOVED working at Little Blessings.
I love the staff, program and all of the kids so very much.


Well soon after that, Matt was headed back to the hospital,
and we were excited to get to go home.

(Before we did, I have a story of a lifetime from a hospital mix up,
I have decided not to share on the blog, but have to at least mention it!)

Anyway, as soon as we saw the hospital pediatrician, my nurse, and my Doctor,
we were cleared to head home.
So thankful for another wonderful experience of labor and delivery,
having wonderful care,
and leaving with another gorgeous and healthy baby.

...and so begins our life with three kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment