Wednesday, December 18, 2013

16 week Check Up

Always exciting to come upon another appointment!
One step closer to meeting this sweet baby inside of me.
 
I was pretty excited about this one, because I would be scheduling our 20 week ultrasound this time!!!
(Thanks Mimi for watching boys for my appointment!)
 
We had originally planned on getting an early gender scan done before Christmas, 
but effective December 1st our ultrasound office no longer did the optional gender scan.
Umm. BOO!
 
Other places around town were double the price,
and we just weren't willing to pay that,
so we decided to be patient.
With just a little moaning and groaning about it on my part. ;)
 
 
Dr.Y didn't have a student with him today,
so he found baby's heart beat immediately,
and we got right to talking about our next appointment.
(Baby's heart rate was in 150's nice and strong :)
 

"So do we know boy or girl yet?"
"Uggh, No!"
"Ha! No huh?"
"I was going to ask you, I will be 20 weeks on a Monday,
wondering if it would be okay if we scheduled it for the Friday before, because Matt can't get off work that week, and we of course want him to be there..."
"Oh yeah, that's no problem at all."
"Yay! We can't wait!"
"You know size wise, it actually might be better if we waited until the week after..."
"Buuuut that would mean we'd have to wait a whole other week before we find out what this baby is..."
"Ha! Oh man, I see how this is going to go! Too funny. That's totally fine."
(continues to laugh at me)
 ;)
 
I mean, I just literally couldn't wait that long, I'm already dying to know!
So now we are all set up for our Ultrasound, I'll be 19 weeks and 5 days,
I mean that is seriously almost 20 weeks.
and I. CAN. NOT. WAIT.
 
Now to talk about pink or blue.
I honestly (truly truly) will be so unbelievably happy either way!
Everyone around us seems to think PINK,
but not sure if that's just because we have 2 boys or because they truly have a strong feeling!
 
Case is 100% BOY.
Rhett changes with the wind.
Daddy thinks BOY.
Mommy has no earthly idea.
 
I think it would be so fun and exciting to hear the ultrasound technician announce,
"It's a girl!"
I love the idea of having a daughter,
I know Matt would be absolutely wrapped around her little finger,
and I imagine her wedding, and having babies, and her needing me in a way I know the boys won't later on in life.
The boys will need me but not in the same way.
however,
I love my crazy, dirty, silly boys, and could completely imagine our lives
with 3 sport playin', dirty, stinky, precious, sweet boys.
There is something so special in a bond between boys and their Mommas.
I love me some boys, and would be one happy girl being surrounded by a bunch of 'em.
 
We shall see, 50/50 shot right??
Let the countdown begin.
 
 {17 weeks}
 


No comments:

Post a Comment