Monday, June 10, 2013

Slow Progress


Last night, we heard, "I neetogo pee pee!" 
He's Mr. Independent, so we usually check on him 
after he's been in there for a few seconds, you know 
to get himself situated. 
("I do it myself! I do it! I try it!)
Then I walked in to see this, such a silly little stinker! 
Hey, I don't care how he goes, as long as he's going! ;)

So here's the update. 
This kid knows how to go on the potty. 
It's totally up to him now. 
If you have met the Rhetter man, 
you know he marches to the beat of his own drum. 

He'd rather be exploring the rock wall of escape, 
than playing with the 12 kids on the playground. 
He'd rather be running around full speed, 
hands in fists, and sprinting than sitting down. Ever. 
He'd rather climb the kitchen drawers...
or completely disassemble the childproof door covers...
or figure out how to unlock every single lock in the house...
or explore every corner of the ball park than watch Case play t-ball...
or wake up in the middle of the night, put on his baseball hat, 
put every toy he can fit into his Halloween bucket 
(don't ask, we don't know) and wake us up to say "Hi!" 

That's our Rhetter man. 
I'm going to have SO many stories for his future wife. 

So here's the thing, 
he goes when he wants to go. 
The first couple of days, he had lots of accidents, 
but slowly through the week started to have a few more 
successful trips.  

Just this past week, he has been telling me, 
even when we are out. 
I haven't changed a pull up, or cleaned up an accident 
in the mornings in a while now! 
Little man usually gives up after nap time,
but we are getting there. 

We have good days and bad days, 
some days he just doesn't ever tell me, all day long. Nothing. 
Then the next day, he uses it 5-7 times! 
 He's getting there though, 
it's funny how different our boys have learned how to use the potty. 
Rhett is muuuch more relaxed about this whole thing. ;) 

Proud of our cute little crazie. 
He's getting so big. 


No comments:

Post a Comment