Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Zoo

I love the zoo. 
We don't go nearly enough. 
The last zoo trip we took was July 2010, I was 6 months pregnant with Rhetter, 
and Case was 2! 

The weather around here was finally starting to come around to sunny, pretty days. 
So, one day after church, my friend Kelly and I started to talk about a zoo trip. 
We are both stay at home Mom's, so we decided to head up the next week, on a Wednesday. 

We decided on the Cincinnati zoo, we packed snacks and lunches, 
and headed out early that morning. 
(Oh and Matt and I finally figured out our DVD player system in my truck the 
night before...woo hoo!)
It was HOT, the high that day was 82! 
Even with the heat and the HILLS, oh my holy hills...
...we had a blast.





 This is how we roll... 





Sweet babies. 
They were such troopers. 

Thankfully the zoo has lots of animals inside buildings, 
which gave us lots of breaks from the heat and the sun. 


They all loved the manatees! 
...and Rhett LOVED the snakes. 
The only thing he cried at when we left them! Funny because his Daddy hates snakes.


After eating lunch, and walking up the biggest hill 
I have ever walked up pushing a double stroller IN MY LIFE...
Kelly and I were starting to give each other the Mom looks, 
that this trip needed to start wrapping up. ;) 

The Cincinnati zoo is just too big to see everything in one day, 
at least with little ones that are all under 5. 

We decided to stop quickly to take some pictures in front of the zoo's 
GORGEOUS
tulips, before the kids were all completely wiped out. 
(My big boy wasn't really feeling it though...stinker. :)


Sweet girl...
 

 Case's face...CRACKS me up. 


Best one I got, of course one kid has to be mid blink right? ;) 
 

 Trips like these are always much more exhausting than I realize, 
but always so much fun. 
 
So thankful that I can take the boys on random trips like this, 
and I absolutely love the memories we are building. 
 
Hopefully it won't be another 2 years before we make it back to the zoo! 
Trying to talk Matty into a fall trip... 
:)

1 comment: