Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rhett's 2 Year Old Wellness Check Up

Thinking back to his previous wellness check ups, 
I was anxious to hear how our little man was doing. 
Especially since the last couple involved weight checks. 
If you remember, he didn't gain much between his last routine check ups. 
Giving his Mama lots of anxiety, which led to lots of peanut butter milk shakes
to help fatten him up a little.

Half of me knew our wonderful Doctor was just being cautious, 
but on the other hand it was constantly in the back of my mind. 

Thankfully, the appointment was perfect! 
Our little guy's weight has gone back into the normal scale. 
His little ears, reflexes, and measurements were all on track. 
Rhett is a whopping 26 pounds. Ha! Teeny little thing.

He told us that he was very advanced in his large and fine motor skills, 
as he watched him play with the provided leggos and books. 

The funniest part about the appointment though, 
was that Rhett was chatting up a storm before the Doctor came in. 
I even caught myself shushing him and laughing to myself. 
He was just a taaaalking, and a talking

When our Doctor walked in, he even commented, 
"Who's the happy boy making all that noise?"

Well, Rhett. 
Proving to be shyer and shyer, 
took one look at him and shut his trap. 
He grabbed a book, keeping one eye on Doctor Latham. 
Then came and sat on the empty chair next to me. 
Stuck out his bottom lip, and turned the pages. 

We both laughed a little over his sudden change in behavior, 
and Rhett continued to pretend to read as he asked me the routine questions about my boy. 
 He warmed up a little after Dr. L let him play with his otoscope...and after the stickers. :)

Sooo thankful for our happy healthy little boys. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment