Friday, January 6, 2012

Playing in the Park

We have had crazy weather this winter. 
No snow for Christmas, and CRAZY mild temperatures. 

Well it had been rainy and gross, but Friday was calling for sunny and 55° so, out to the park we went.

It was the perfect opportunity for Case to really test out his new scooter from Santa, and for Rhett to test out his walking shoes on something other than carpet. Ha! 






This little scene looked familiar, and I found a similar post with Case, wearing this same sweatshirt while we were playing at the park!

The picture above cracks me up. We were headed home, after playing very hard at the park.
Case was getting pretty sleepy, and the entrance to the park has a pretty decent hill. (For a little one, anyway.) He was getting pretty tired, but was determined to ride the scooter up by himself. 
  Mommy: "Case, I'll help you carry your scooter if you want."
Case: "No, Mommy I gotta do it by myself."
Mommy: "Are you sure? You look like your getting a little tired."
Case: "Yeah. I sure." (..followed by a big sigh)
Mommy: (Shaking her head and smiling)

He was a determined little guy, and seemed to get all of his three year old energy back by the top of the hill. 
:)






Little Rhetter man eventually had to be strapped back in his stroller and given snacks because he was 
ALL OVER THE PLACE! 
I had them corralled in the tennis courts for a while, and that was easy...but when we headed to the playground I couldn't keep up with him! I was afraid if I turned my head for a second that he'd be rolling down a hill somewhere!


We had a fun little day at the park,
it was nice to feel the sun shining on us in the beginning of January!

1 comment:

  1. Oh they are so cute. Fun times. Kennedy is STILL trying to get the hang of her scooter because there's not a great place for her to ride around our house - lots of cracked sidewalks and hills. =)

    ReplyDelete