Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Big Brother Meets Little Brother


It was a few hours after Rhett was born, that my one of my best friends Kara brought our little man to the hospital so he could meet his little brother!

I heard him talking in the hallway, and as soon as I saw that sweet boy come in the room I completely lost it. Poor thing was so overwhelmed. His Mama was in some weird room, balling her eyes out. He was surrounded by people taking pictures and calling his name, and everyone was asking him about baby Rhett.

I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but he saw Rhett for the first time in Matt's arms. He kind of looked at my belly, and then looked back at the baby. He seemed to understand that that was who was in his Mama's belly, and now he was out in his Daddy's arms! He wasn't too impressed at first, he just kind of looked at him then walked up next to my bed, and someone lifted him up for me so he could sit on my lap.






 Case had a big "Big Brother" present waiting for him, filled with books, puzzles, matchbox cars and a soft football. He slipped out of his dazed and confused look and started playing with the puzzle. I couldn't wait to see all the pictures that were being taken throughout all the chaos! We have video too and I cry every time I watch it. I'll never forget the moment I saw my two sons together in the same room. They were both ours! It was such an amazing moment that I will never ever forget.



The next day my Mom and Dad brought him back up to the hospital, it was nap time and he was super tired and more interested in eating a snack then seeing his little brother. Which was totally understandable! 



The next morning (Friday) we were discharged and on our way home! We couldn't wait to get back home to Case, and get back to normal. (Our new normal) Case was absolutely priceless when we walked through the front door. We set the car seat down in the hallway, and Case was so excited he barely breathed between his little sentences and pacing around the car seat over and over again!

"Oh Baby Rhett! Baby Rhett, Oh there's baby Rhett! Oh! Baby Rhett!"

Rhett fussed for a second, and Case spied his "ba" (pacifier) and said, 
"Oh here baby Rhett, he needs his ba! Baby Rhett Ba, Here ya goo"

Matt and I were beaming with pride :)






No comments:

Post a Comment