Thursday, January 28, 2010

Weekend Without My Boys

The end of January.
That was the plan.
A full 3 day weekend without my boys!

I was so excited about a "Mommy Break". I mean... to sleep in, have some girl time, do whatever I wanted with my time! I couldn't wait...but I also had no idea what I was going to do without my boys!

Matt had a Bachelor Party Ski Trip, a long weekend planned for his friend Kyle. Nanny and Poppy agreed to watch little man, so Matt took Case along with him and dropped him off in Ashland on the way.

The first night was so strange, Matt came home from work early, about 4:00pm packed quickly and we said our Good-bye's. About half an hour later, I decided to go ahead and go to the grocery, I got up, put my boots on, grabbed my purse and felt lost! No one to say Good-bye to, no one to pack up in the car seat, no little buddy to go shopping with...it was so weird!

The weekend flew by, and besides not being able to sleep very well with Matt not there, I had a very relaxing weekend. I was going to either paint our bedroom or organize the garage...but with the rainy weather and cloudy days I had no motivation and was lazy the entire time :) Matt told me I deserved it, and I savored every moment.

Well Sunday finaaaallly rolled around, and my boys were on their way home, Matt called to say he was about 5 minutes from the house and I paced the entire time. I watched the 4Runner pull onto our street, saw Matt as he scooped up our baby, and I couldn't hold back the tears when I held my boys in my arms again.

I am so glad my boys had such a fun weekend, Matt had so much fun hanging with his buddies, Case had a blast with Nanny and Poppy and their new puppy Lance (whom I can't wait to meet) and I had a much needed lazy relaxing weekend.

So good to have them home though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment